Friday, April 16, 2010

Where were you three years ago today?


I was sitting at a desk at, of all places, another university, yet I was safe. However, as the news reports rolled in, I felt a kinship with all of those people. I couldn't help but think, "That could have been us." I can remember thinking as those first reports came in, this can't be! They must be wrong!, and then it becomes all too real. I had just started on Facebook at that time, and it was the first "note" I ever wrote. I am re-posting that note from April 2007 in the aftermath of that tragic day at Virginia Tech. As the phrase grew from that day, I will repeat it here: "Today, we are all Hokies!"
Unfortunately EVIL exists in this world. In fact it is rampant! We will all ask, "Why?", over the next few weeks and feel a little less safe than we did two days ago. We cannot control our futures and what happens in this world no matter how many media idiots try to speculate on how this could have been prevented and use this horrible, tragic event to their own political advantage. I close with this quote, "We don't know what tomorrow holds, but we know who holds tomorrow!" Rest safely in those hands Virginia Tech, and so may we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Place Where There Isn't Any Trouble

  Tonight I did something that I haven't done for quite some time. I sat down and watched The Wizard of Oz. If you have read this blog, ...