Thursday, March 29, 2012

♫♪ Could it be? Yes, it could! ♪♫

About a year ago, I was not in a very happy place. Followers of this blog and my friends will remember that my oldest daughter got accepted to her first choice college only to find out that tuition exchange didn't come through, and she could not attend. Some of you may have been wondering what story unfolded after that blow was dealt. After many, many instances of having to answer the question, "Where are you going to college?" with the answer, "I'm not." and watching all of her friends start their new lives, she stayed home and got a job. Some of you may be wondering why she did not go to community college. If she attended college at all she would not be able to try for tuition exchange again this year. So, after much discussion, we agreed a GAP year would be best. We started the process all over again of applying to colleges last fall. She applied to three, one, a state school, and the other two on tuition exchange. She has already been accepted to both tuition exchange schools, and, HALLELUJAH!, one has already awarded her tuition exchange. The jury is still out on tuition exchange for the other school. Tomorrow she is going to the school that has awarded her tuition exchange to audition for their theatre program. I cannot even be with her because of my show schedule. My wonderful sister is making the trek to take her. It's all so exciting and nerve racking too! What a difference a year makes!! Last year I thought all hope was lost. All dreams had been dashed. I thought that way, but through it all, my daughter's belief in God and His plan for her has never wavered. She was the one comforting me, telling me it would all work out. Well, my love, it seems all is falling into place. I wish you all the best Saturday as you go show the audition committee what all of us here know you have the talent for. This time next year, I will be waiting for you to come home for the summer from your freshman year of college.

2 comments:

  1. gosh, can't imagine your excitement, not to mention hers! Go, go, go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timing is everything...but waiting is the hardest part...so~ you all had a "pregnant" pause! hey look what is about to be born! Proud of you for let go and letting God do the work...ok enough with the cliches! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Some Place Where There Isn't Any Trouble

  Tonight I did something that I haven't done for quite some time. I sat down and watched The Wizard of Oz. If you have read this blog, ...