Sunday, November 12, 2017

Make Your Own Joy

I sat in church today, and the preacher said something that struck me. He talked about "waiting for your joy." Waiting for my joy...that concept of, "if I could just get this or that, I'd be happy." I fell into that trap and fell out or was pushed out, when at 34, I had nothing, less than nothing, well, materially speaking. When I was married appearances were a big deal. And for all of our "things" that we thought we needed to look good to everyone else, and we thought made us happy didn't hold our marriage together when it EXPLODED! Oh, we looked happy to everyone else, the perfect couple, the perfect family, and maybe we thought we were, but there was no joy! It took me being in a situation totally bereft of anything except 2 precious children and family and friends surrounding me to help me heal to realize that fact. I have lived single now for almost 20 years. Most of those years I have struggled financially. I haven't had a real vacation in 14 years, but God gives me joy every day! I may not always recognize it, or, worse yet, appreciate it, but my new life has been filled with real joy, the kind you make from what's provided. I titled this post Make Your Own Joy, but maybe it should be Recognize the Joy Given to You. Start looking for your joy. It's there, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Evolution of a Dream

 Hello! Me again. I know it has been a while. I seem to be saying that every time I write a post now. I know I've said this before, but ...