Thursday, September 24, 2020

Remember Who You Are!


Look at that determined little face! That's not the face of a toddler, that is the face of a girl with something to say, with the attitude of "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere, so deal with it!" I didn't know then that that is exactly the kind of woman she would turn out to be. That little munchkin turns 28 today. I also didn't know when that picture was taken what that little girl would go through in just a few short years. Leah was the apple of her Dad's eye, and when he left when she was 5, I don't think her little brain really knew how to handle it which led to her NOT handling it. However, you would have never known because we Moore girls "suck it up and deal with it!" I think sometimes that was not the best example to set for you, as your mom, I didn't let you guys see me fall apart very often, and, I think that made you feel that you couldn't do that either. I hope you know that you can always come to me with anything, and you can cry, or scream or whatever you want, but I am also glad that you are strong and stand up for what you believe in! I say all the time that our lives, good or bad, shape the people we become. When you go through the fire, you come out stronger for making it through. I know this past year has been a bigger fire than most for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is a global pandemic that literally blew your world and dreams apart (boy, this is really sounding depressing, but stay with me here) but I know you will come through the fire because you have proven time and time again that you can! I am so proud of you for diving into a new business with your hair products, and I get tickled at all the new ways you put your products out there through Social Media. That's the result of walking through fire. You can't sit in the middle, you'll get burned. You find ways to make it through. That's what that little determined toddler knew. She knew what was inside, and that one day she would take on the world! No one knows what the future is for Actors and theatre, but I know you will find a way through the fire and reinvent what you do. We all have to do that! It's a new world. To quote Mufasa, "Remember who you are!" You can make it through this. Your dream might be taking a detour, but it's just a detour. Many paths, same destination! You will end up where you are supposed to be! Tap into that overalled, sock-footed little munchkin. She knew! Happy Birthday, Leah! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Evolution of a Dream

 Hello! Me again. I know it has been a while. I seem to be saying that every time I write a post now. I know I've said this before, but ...